Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Second day

Second day, our first full day in New Zealand. We have scheduled a very busy and wet day of Jet Boating and White water rafting.
What is a jet boat? You may be asking? Well let me tell you. A jet boat is a mean looking speed boat about the size of a large car. About 3 ton they say. Works just like a super-sized jet ski. They fly them over shallow rivers and river canyons as the bottom of the boat skims over river bed stones.
Compared to the rest of the afternoon, the jet boat was a relative tea party!
Just getting to the top of the river for white water rafting was a life-fearing adventure. The guide described it as the worst road in New Zealand. I now believe him. We were in a bus with a trailer.
The rafting itself was a welcome relief. I fell out of the raft once (or was I knocked out, Kate?), I was dragged and climbed onto another raft just in time to be thrown out of it. Overall great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment